Subject: gtk mess
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Rene Hexel <rh@idle.trapdoor.vip.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/16/1999 13:00:19
  As you all know, the current situation with gtk+-1.0.x vs. gtk+-1.1.x
is quite a mess.  The last time I checked, we had exactly 7 packages
requiring gtk+-1.1.x and 7 packages requiring gtk+-1.0.x.  Since
gtk+-1.0.x and gtk+-1.1.x currently cannot co-exist, these sets are
mutually exclusive, preventing people from using gimp at the same time
as gnome, ethereal at the same time as xtraceroute, or the like.

  I'd be willing to spend some time on making these two co-exist by
installing the gtk/glib libraries and header files under unique names
(and modifying the affected packages accordingly).  If there are any
objections, please tell me, otherwise I will get to work and commit the
required changes as soon as I have them ...

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene