Subject: Why is TCL_SHARED_BUILD not 1 in the recent tcl80 package?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <frueauf@ira.uka.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/08/1999 12:03:46
Hello!

I just discovered (with help of Greg A. Woods) that the libtoolified
version of pkgsrc/lang/tcl80 does not seem to set TCL_SHARED_BUILD=1.
Is there any particular reason for this? If not - how to fix that?
I would appreciate if someone who knows tcl/tk better than me
makes a decision if this should be set or not, I will then
fix the postgresql PLIST accordingly. While there it should be
decided whether its a good idea to link tclsh8.0 to tclsh and
wish8.0 to wish. I don't know whats the right thing here either.
(This is pointed out in pr 6757).

I still happen to have an "old" version of the tcl80 package
installed, which was not libtoolified and where TCL_SHARED_BUILD is set
to 1. That caused the postgresql package to build ptlcl.so, thats
why I listed it in PLIST then of course. With the recent tcl80
package this is not build.

Greets
      Thorsten