Subject: Re: RPATH (was Re: new packages)
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/10/1998 07:53:21
On 10-Aug-98 Hubert Feyrer spoke unto us all:
#  Couldn't we make some shorthand in our our toolchan for that, say - "-L"?
#

Could we?  Yes.

Can we?  Sure.

Can we use it?  Not unless you want to break all pre 1.4 builds on elf. It's
*really* not that hard to do.. and the thing Todd just suggested would be an
*excellent* addition to the pkg build rules.  So then only non GNU-configure
and non-Imake builds would need this fixing.

Should we? I don't know.. This might be something to bring up with Ross.. (I'm
CCing him on this)  It certanly isnt feasable if we want to (read we *need* to)
retain some backward compatibility with 1.3.

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html