Subject: re: procmail package?
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/08/1998 13:58:43
   : i know *why* you _might_ want to make it setuid.  but why is this the
   : default?  hell, don't make my system possibly more insecure without
   : even telling you're doing it or give me a chance to disable it!

   chmod -s /usr/pkg/bin/{procmail,lockfile}.  Your choice; that's all you
   have to do.

sure.  if i knew.  i saw that it was setuid when i did an otherwise
random `ls -l' on /usr/pkg/bin/procmail.  of course i have done the
above now...

   As I explained to Mr. Woods, our default MDA requires the setuid for use of
   procmail to do anything other than a ~/.forward filter.

fine, that's great.  that's your site.  your local administration
decision.  not mine.

don't make that decision for me without telling me.  or without giving
me a knob to disable it (once and forever).