Re: NPF issue with inet6($if) vs. ifaddrs($if)

On Thursday 17 Nov 2022, at 08:02, Michael van Elst wrote:
> ifaddrs() works by creating a small table that you can search
> for an interface address. A compiled match (inet6()) can only
> work for static addresses.

OK, I got it.

I feel that ifaddrs() does not add a significant overhead compared to
inet6(), does it? And that may even be a more robust config after
all, for instance when using IPv6 privacy extensions.

I looked at the npf byte compiler, but fixing inet6() for a list does
not seem like a trivial fix ...