Subject: Re: critical networking problem
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/28/1996 23:34:05
>This may have something to do with my ethernet driver (le0 on pci on
>i386) or it may be systemic -- I can't tell. I first noticed this bug
>a long time ago but it seemed to go away -- now its back. I've tried
>many, many different destination hosts and it makes no difference.
>
>Does this problem happen to anyone else? Could this be the cause of
>the dying sups people have from sup.netbsd.org?

Nope.  From darkwatch -> packrat, I get:

ftp> get kill2
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for 'kill2' (2560 bytes).
226 Transfer complete.
2560 bytes received in 0.000653 seconds (3920367 bytes/s)

To up the size:

ftp> get kill2
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for 'kill2' (5242880 bytes).
226 Transfer complete.
5242880 bytes received in 8.13 seconds (644949 bytes/s)

Packrat and darkwatch both use the ed driver.  packrat has an NE2000
clone, darkwatch has a western digital (er, SMC :) thing.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!