Subject: Re: mbr can't open /boot on RaidFrame
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@NetBSD.org>
From: Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
List: tech-misc
Date: 02/09/2006 18:11:43
On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 09:59:52 -0800
Jeff Rizzo <riz@NetBSD.org> wrote:

> Marcin Jessa wrote:
> >

> > I've four aditional questions:
> > 1. Can raid partition have softdep on?
> >
> yes

Will this put the file system on RAID 1 disks in more risk if the computer gets
suddenly shot off (power loss, damaged power supply) ?

> > 2. Can I use FFSv2 instead of FFSv1 creating file systems on the raid devices?
> >

> yes

Why http://www.netbsd.org/guide/en/chap-rf.html#chap-rf-setup-filesystems
tells to use FFSv1 instead of FFSv2 ? Is FFSv2 experimental/unstable/slower/xyz than FFSv1 ?

> > 3. Can I safely use XEN on RAID 1 drives?
> >
> yes (see http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-xen/2005/11/02/0006.html for
> more info)
> > 4. How stable would tmpfs be mounted as file system on raid device ?
> >

> Huh?

Sorry I must be too tired. Of course this is a memory file system and would
work regardless of what harddrive devices are in use:
tmpfs          64M      20K       64M     0%    /tmp

Thanks Jeff.