Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sbin/ifconfig
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-misc
Date: 04/13/2003 22:10:35
> This is grossly misleading.
>
> It's hihghly unlikely that anyone is going to run more than one
> SNMP agent on a given CPU that might look at the same set of kernel
> counters. The many-to-one nature comes of having many snmp clients
> querying that snmp agent over the network.

Wanna bet?

I've crashed a customer system running two different programs that
were monitoring the same stats in different ways at the same time.

Was interesting watching them not panic - given I'd been flown
to the site on Sunday after a meeting on the previous Friday
(they had been looking for someone to fly out on Friday!)
in order to resolve a different problem (which I knew what
was, and had a floppy with a SYSV package to install and fix it).

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk