Subject: Re: Login classes
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Al Williams <alaric@alaric-williams.com>
List: tech-misc
Date: 06/14/2000 13:02:01
On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Peter Seebach wrote:

> >Why is it inactive in NetBSD - any good reason, or just that nobody's
> >wanted it enough? I run a server I'd like to set per-user resource limits
> >on...
>
> I thought it was enabled.  At least, I've used login.conf to change path
> settings.

Really? My 1.4 system has no man page for it, and seems to lack the
login_cap and login_class man pages that the FreeBSD machines at work
have. The login source code has all the login.conf code surrounded by
#ifdefs, and doesn't look as if it'll compile if I define that symbol
because it tries to include login_cap.h which doesn't exist

ABW

--

    http://RF.Cx/
  http://www.alaric-williams.com/