Re: DRM/KMS: vmwgfx driver is now available

On 7/18/23 00:17, nia wrote:
Cool. I've been recommending "-vga vmware" with QEMU/NVMM because
it works quite well (even without acceleration on the NetBSD side)
and offers the widest choice in resolutions. Does this affect
QEMU/NVMM when used with that option?

I haven't tested that. Theoretically it would give you accelerated 2D graphics (like a DMA-blit between host and guest), but I cannot say much without testing.

Also there is a caveat right now. For some reason DDB stops working when the driver is attached. The screen just freezes and the only thing you can do is to type DDB commands blindly and check the dmesg after rebooting the guest. I have yet to discover the cause of this.