Re: Anyone recall the dreaded tstile issue?

On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 07:46:58PM -0400, Mouse wrote:
> Some time back, I recall seeing people talking on the lists about some
> sort of discouragingly common issue with processes getting stuck in
> tstile waits.  (I've tried to scare up the relevant list mail on
> mail-archive.netbsd.org, so far to no avail.)

There are many scenario to doom most of userland into tstile waits. I
often experienced the following:
- snapshot with backing store on a partition that gets full
- I/O to a disk that weent out for lunch

I also recall getting the situation when working on perfuse, but it was
limited to processes operating on the puffs filesystem.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost