Re: In-kernel units for block numbers, etc ...

kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost (Robert Elz) writes:

>I havem't looked carefully yet, but does vnd have the RMW behaviour to
>allow an emulated small sector drive to exist on a big sector underlying.

It doesn't need to, the backend is a file and you can access arbitrary
byte positions. The "RMW behaviour" is what the underlying filesystem
automatically provides.

Maybe we should just provide different layout variants for cgd.
I noticed that cgdconfig uses a cgd_ioctl structure to define a disk
that has several unused fields. So it is trivial to provide a
configuration option that selects a compatible "crypto block size"
with 512 byte disks.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost