Re: statvfs() sleeps forever on tstile

David Holland <dholland-tech%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> ffsv1 or v2? I think extended attributes in ffsv1 are known to be
> broken.

extattrctl(8) seems misleading: it says it requires UFS1, but as I
understand, UFS1 is not used anymore, newfs(8) only produces UFS2
filesystems.

I suspect this is not about UFS1 vs UFS2 but FFS1 (as obtained by newfs
without -O) vs FFS v2 (as obtained by newffs -O 2). Indeed extattrctl
start says Operation not supported on a FFS v2 filesystem.

If extended attribute are known to be broken in FFS v1 and are
unsupported in FFS v2, there is little room for actual usage.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz