Re: pmf(9) vs sysmon for power events (especially sleep when powerd(8) is not running)

On 07.05.2011 09:15, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 04:45:55PM +0100, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
>> 1 - I shall patch sysmon_pswitch_event and add a callback for sleep
>> that MD code can register,
>
> Yes (or a list of callbacks, even, maybe not only MD code but various
> subsystems might need this later).

So, let's summarize:

- sysmon_pswitch(9) can still be used to register power switch events,
these events being modeled following a "switch" functionality e.g. when
a threshold is passed.

- pmf(9) is focused on device states, so it's lower level than
sysmon_pswitch(9) events. pmf(9) event injection is not supposed to be
called directly, but rather through sysmon (for switch-like
functionality), or within pmf(9) itself for inter-device signaling.

So, in the current form, power switches/buttons are not supposed to
register as devices and implement their own hooks for registration with
pmf(9)?

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost