Re: mos(4) port

Juraj Hercek wrote:
With the latest broadcast patch (look in test/3/ directory), everything seems to work fine except copying larger data block (>10MB) from linux to netbsd (I'm getting the 'connection reset by peer' from ssh or ftp). Netstat utility doesn't say there are any input/output errors. It works fine between two netbsd's or from netbsd to linux. I should check with synchronized userland and kernel (userland is 5.0 RC1), kernel is 5.0 + mos driver.

Actually, it doesn't work well between two NetBSDs, nor there is a problem with unsynced kernel and userland. Weekend tests showed that the limiting transmitter to 10baseT solves the 'connection reset by peer'. So the issue is triggered by 'fast senders'.

The workaround for the problem is to disable pause threshold feature by using 0x80 instead of 0 in https://www.hck.sk/netbsd/mos/test/3/if_mos.c file, line 597. I've been able to transfer several gigabites of data without any problems.

If anyone has the mos device and is willing to do some tests with ported driver, I'd be grateful for posting your results.

-- Juraj