Lining the kernel (Was: __dead functions)

[Torn off from the parent thread]

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 12:01:09 -0400, Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc. wrote:

> ... it seems, unfortunately, that lint has fallen out of favour in
> NetBSD.

It's not.  We have "lint" target in the kernel makefile and we have an
awk script to generate C stubs from asm files so that lint can see
those functions too.

IIRC, the current showstopper is that lint is thoroughly confused by
the mbuf code.

SY, Uwe
--
uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost                       |       Zu Grunde kommen