Subject: Re: Further works on yamt-idlelwp
To: Mindaugas R. <rmind@NetBSD.org>
From: None <dsieger@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/16/2007 22:34:05
On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 02:49:01AM +0200, Mindaugas R. wrote:

> P.S. Hey, where is the 3'rd voice in such cases?

Although I'm not completely sure wether this would really
work, here's another suggestion. The problem is that you
need a distinction between "enqueue for yielding" and
"normal" operation, right? Maybe it would just be enough
to check for the according schedstate_percpu flag
(SPCF_SEENRR or SPCF_SHOULDYIELD) within your implementation
of sched_enqueue(). If this is a feasable solution we could
move back to sched_nextlwp()/sched_switch() without an
implicit enqueue rule (which I don't like too much).

Hope this helps,
Daniel

--
Daniel Sieger