Subject: Re: bce(4) and memory > 1GB problem
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/24/2007 09:28:14
--ZYOWEO2dMm2Af3e3

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 11:17:55AM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > Just one:
> >=20
> >   _xen_alloc_contig low 0 high fffff000 address_bits 32
>=20
> That's surprising, I would have expected high to be 0x3fffffff or 0x40000=
000

Hmmm, and indeed all is not as well as it would at first have seemed.

It works fine, as it did in my testing the other day, with
dom0_mem=3D256M, and produces the output above.

However, if I use larger dom0_mem, I do get output with high at
0x40000000 as you predicted --- and immediately after that, a panic
"HYPERVISOR_mmu_update failed".

I couldn't easily capture a backtrace this morning, but it's easily
reproducible so I can do so a little later when its more convenient.

--
Dan.
--ZYOWEO2dMm2Af3e3

--ZYOWEO2dMm2Af3e3--