Subject: Re: bce(4) and memory > 1GB problem
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/09/2007 16:58:42
On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 04:46:14PM -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Jan 8, 2007, at 1:05 PM, matthew green wrote:
>
> >either way, this will require a bunch of work for each platform to do
> >the right thing.  the patch proposed seems to be most of what we need
> >for it on x86 so i see little harm in commiting it.
>
> ...except to note that the API will almost certainly change.

Yes. Maybe it should be better to add this as a parameter to
bus_dmamap_create(), and compute the proper _dm_bounce_thresh at this
time. But this is a big change in the bus_dma API, and require
changing a lot of files, unless we keep bus_dmamap_create() as is and
intruduce a new function with this extra parameter.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>