Subject: Re: new kpi proposal, sysdisk(9)
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Elad Efrat <elad@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/01/2007 19:42:33
YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:

> i meant, the framework should be designed so that it can track
> which parts of disks are used by who, rather than hardcoding your policy.

I won't comment on that, because that is a rather hypothetical
statement... when it's finished, we'll get back to it. :)

>>> i'm not requesting you to stop your development until wedge is finished.
>>> i'm merely saying it would be easier.
>> okay, and I'm asking if you have a time estimation of when the
>> transition to wedges will be completed, given the dk(4) man-page says
>> it was introduced in netbsd 3.0. :)
>>
>> -e.
>
> i have no idea.  it's a volunteer driven project. :)
>
> YAMAMOTO Takashi

I have a suggestion. because we're post-4.0, and we don't have a stable
kpi, let's do sysdisk(9) -- it's contained, and I volunteer (!) to do
all the work of adding it, and later removing it, once we have something
better to achieve the same goal.

how's that? :)

-e.