Subject: where to build ndiscvt?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Ritter <ritter.alan@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/19/2006 19:01:11
Hi,

I'm just checking to see if anybody has an opinion on whether ndiscvt
should be built on all architectures or just i386 (currently it is
just built on i386).

For those who are not familiar with FreeBSD's NDISulator, ndiscvt is a
utility that builds an ndis_driver_data.h file from a Window's device
driver's .inf and .sys files.  This header file is then compiled in
the kernel with sys/dev/if_ndis to make a driver.

Although the driver itself will only run on i386, I'm wondering
whether somebody might want to cross-compile a kernel with NDIS
support on some other architecture.  This seems like an unlikely
scenario, but it might still be nice to have the option.

Thanks!