Subject: Re: tmpfs is still "experimental"?
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/18/2006 10:25:36
--aT9PWwzfKXlsBJM1

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 02:13:09AM +1000, Simon Burge wrote:
> tmpfs is still marked with the comment "experimental - Efficient memory
> file-system" and not enabled anywhere (except for evbarm/HDL_G and
> mvme68k/VME177).  Is there any reason to not remove this warning and
> enable it everywhere?

I'd also like to see it enabled everywhere, pre 4.0 branching.

There are some comments in the notes about various issues with
allocation or nfs sharing, but I'm not clear what these refer to.  Is
there a PR or other suitable reference for further details?

--
Dan.

--aT9PWwzfKXlsBJM1

--aT9PWwzfKXlsBJM1--