Subject: i thought
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Zeljko Vrba <zvrba@globalnet.hr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/25/2005 20:22:39
--------------enig9C3AA9F06C841FDAE1DD1F88

I thought that NetBSD is quality system, but the ioflush madness has
gotten over the top of my head.

I have a program that is mmaping a large (512MB) file (BerkeleyDB) and
quite often everything just stops due to ioflush. And I mean, STOPS. I
can't even do ls -l. And the ioflush is doing its job at mere 1MB/sec
with about ~200 disk transactions according to iostat. Not consuming
more than 10% at peaks (but mostly 5%) of CPU according to top.

Is there any way to fix this? If not, I'm off to installing FreeBSD.

Thanks.