Subject: Re: Roadmap to compressed vnd(4)
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/15/2005 14:04:36
>>> The name [vnconfig] is misleading.
>> What is misleading about it?  I don't see it as any more confusing
>> than, say, ifconfig, or wiconfig -
> The configuration utility is called "vnconfig".  For what reason?

Reason?  I don't know the reason.  I didn't name either of them.
Unless "history" is the sort of answer you want.

> Given the context from above, you cannot compare vn{d,config} to
> {if,wi}config.

I'm not.  I'm comparing vnd/vnconfig to {ex,fxp,le,qe,ep,...}/ifconfig
and whatever/wiconfig.

I don't find the one significantly more confusing, or misleading, than
the other.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign