Subject: Re: COMPAT_NETBSD32's execve, copy/paste of code
To: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/11/2005 12:48:59
--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

Hiya Quentin,

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 12:15:33AM +0200, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> See for yourself with the attached patch for execve(2).
>
> There might be smarter ways of doing this, I'm open to suggestions.  But
> keep in mind that we want to avoid as much as possible duplicating code,
> but not at the expense of the native syscall's speed.

Looks very good to me; i wonder why it wasn't implemented in this way in
the first place for it comes to me as very logical and sane. Maybe to
prevent breakage they first went out and patched the copy with the plan to
later merge the two routines back again, only that enver happened?

Cheers,
Reinoud

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG--