Subject: Re: Support of USB/WiFi D-Link DWL-G122 802.11g on NetBSD
To: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/28/2005 10:12:13
--v15hXiddb3kq3Bam

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 06:54:09PM +0700, Ian Zagorskih wrote:
>=20
> Unfortunately, NetBSD-current does not have suport for this cards yet, bu=
t=20
> looks like OpenBSD-current has. So i desided to port OpenBSD's code on=20
> NetBSD. After some work looks like ported driver works quite fine [except=
=20
> problems described below].

Coincidentally, I started playing with the ural(4) driver the other
day, too.  In my case, with an ASUS WL-167G device.

I took as my starting point the port of the driver posted recently by
Naoki Fukaumi at http://www.naobsd.org/ural

I had some "panic: trap" crashes with this driver; the first was when
removing the device after doing some initial testing and packet
captures, which looked promising.

My intended next step was to go through the changes in the base code
looking for any further recent fixes, which I know there are several
in the original driver described on Damien Bergamini's page.

I, too, would like to see both the pci and usb versions of this driver
in NetBSD, though they might well remain separate until the parent
code is merged.  There are a lot of cards using this chipset, and
especially the usb ones are common.

--
Dan.
--v15hXiddb3kq3Bam