Subject: Re: fat16 undelete?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Mondor <mm_lists@pulsar-zone.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/27/2005 19:25:35
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:41:08 +0200
Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 08:00:29PM -0700, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
>
> > The program I found that worked was fatback-1.3 from sourceforge:
> >
> >     http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=46038
>
> I'm wondering: don't we have a standard way to undelete in NetBSD,
> currently only implemented as removing whiteouts from overlay mounts?
> We could support this in msdosfs, too, I guess...
>
> [few moments later]
>
> rm -W
> undelete(2)
>
> F'up to tech-kern, I propose.
>
> Regards,
> 	-is

I'm really not sure if what LFS uses is akin to whiteouts, but since it
tends to move heads in one direction, and that there exists a variant
called elephant filesystem (with which several old versions of a file
can be retreived), maybe that undelete(2) could also eventually work
with LFS?

Matt

--
Note: Please only reply on the list since other mail is blocked by default.
Private messages from your address can be allowed by first asking, however.