Subject: Re: 2.0: ukbd/ums sans wskbd/wsmouse
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/27/2005 13:58:43
der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA> writes:

> Am I just doing something stupid, or will I have to give up having USB
> keyboards, mice, and audio devices recognized as such if I don't
> include the (respectively) wscons, wscons, and audio subsystems?

Since for all of these there is no interface to the devices besides
the wscons and audio layers, I don't think it's interesting to have
one without the other. It's not worth any effort to get a device
probed as "ums0" if nothing else can talk to it. In fact, in the case
of USB devices, it's positively counterproductive, because if it
didn't attach as ums0 you could talk to it with ugen.

        - Nathan