Subject: Re: 2.0: ukbd/ums sans wskbd/wsmouse
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@jodi.nimenees.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/27/2005 11:02:13
On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 04:24:57PM +1000, matthew green wrote:
> i think in general all of the audio drivers expect the mid-layer audio
> ("audio* at audiobus?") to exist.  here i guess you need to guard the
> call to audio_attach_mi() with '#if NAUDIO > 0" from "audio.h".

	Not having looked at the audio code at all, I would think that it might
make more more sense to have audio_attach_mi() defined to a noop if the
audio* device isn't configured.  Or configuring an audio driver should
automatically pull in the minimum required code it needs.

	I ran into a similar problem when I tried to configure a kernel without
an isa device.  Even though there's nothing in the config file that attaches
"at isa?" things still use functions that are only pulled in when isa is
configured.

eric