Subject: 2.0: ukbd/ums sans wskbd/wsmouse
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/26/2005 23:35:46
Is it not possible to have USB keyboards and mice without also dragging
in all of wscons, on 2.0?  I was building a kernel for a headless
machine that has USB, and I left in the ukbd* and ums* lines but
removed the wskbd* and wsmouse* lines that went with them, so that
keyboards and mice would at least be recognized as such (though of
course it would take somewhat special applications to do much with them
without a graphics head).  But the kernel link shows wskbd* and
wsmouse* functions undefined in ukbd.o and ums.o.  (Also, uaudio fails
to link without "audio* at audiobus?", but that's perhaps less
suprising - though no less annoying, since, like keyboards and mice,
I'd like audio devices to be recognized, even if they're not useful.)

Am I just doing something stupid, or will I have to give up having USB
keyboards, mice, and audio devices recognized as such if I don't
include the (respectively) wscons, wscons, and audio subsystems?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign