Subject: Stupid wsdisplay color question
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/26/2005 11:01:31
I must be stupid, please point out my obvious error in the following:

I have a machine with wsdisplay and the following options:

options         WSEMUL_SUN              # sun terminal emulation
options         WS_DEFAULT_FG=WSCOL_BLACK
options         WS_DEFAULT_BG=WSCOL_WHITE
options         WS_KERNEL_COLATTR=WSATTR_HILIT
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_USL            # VT handling
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_RAWKBD         # can get raw scancodes
options         WSDISPLAY_DEFAULTSCREENS=4
options         FONT_GALLANT12x22               # PROM font look-alike

I would have exepected this to generate

 - white background
 - black text
 - kernel text the same, but bright (not dim)

but what I get is (suprisingly?) quite different:

 - kernel text is dim gray on white background
 - default text is white on black

(You might have guessed that I'm trying to emulate the look and feel of a
sun firmware console)

Martin