Subject: Re: bridge trouble?
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/05/2005 01:36:59
On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Daniel Carosone wrote:
> I've seen this once before too, when bridging a network with lots of
> hosts.  I suspect a race, perhaps when adding multiple new hosts at
> once or something.  They went away with a flush, IIRC, but of course
> that doesn't address the underlying problem.  If it happens again for
> you, try that and see whether it helps restore normal function; if so
> it may help indicate which is cause and which effect.

From the "me too"-department:

The setup of two qemu instances connected with tap & bridge[1] leads to
panics for me under some moderate network load, see PR 29546[2]:

>Category:       kern
>Synopsis:       2_STABLE: crash in bpf_mtap w/ bridge(4)

[1] http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-help/2005/03/25/0005.html
[2] http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-bugs/2005/02/27/0008.html

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)