Subject: Re: bridge trouble?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/05/2005 09:16:14
--VuQYccsttdhdIfIP

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 04:40:33PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
>                 00:50:fc:21:01:3e rtk0 4294967106 flags=3D0<>
> [..]
>=20
> Those entries that time out in over 136 years look..wrong.  (Of course,
> they're just small negative numbers, -145 through -268, taken as
> unsigned here, though the list is obviously sorted as if signed.)

I've seen this once before too, when bridging a network with lots of
hosts.  I suspect a race, perhaps when adding multiple new hosts at
once or something.  They went away with a flush, IIRC, but of course
that doesn't address the underlying problem.  If it happens again for
you, try that and see whether it helps restore normal function; if so
it may help indicate which is cause and which effect.

--
Dan.

--VuQYccsttdhdIfIP

--VuQYccsttdhdIfIP--