Subject: Re: Missing ppi(4) docs?
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/19/2005 21:37:38
On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 11:41:29AM +1030, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> G'day,
>
> Reading up on parallel ports, the ppbus(4) refers to the ppi(4) interface.
>
> ? ? ? ? ? ?o ? a user interface named ppi(4) that allows parallel port access
> ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?from outside the kernel without conflicting with kernel-in
> ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?drivers.
>
> However, ppi(4) seems to be missing on NetBSD-2.99.15. Is ppi(4) supported and
> if so, does someone care to write the missing man page?

Berndt,

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think ppi(4) is an
experimental facility that comes from FreeBSD.  FreeBSD has a man page,
I think.  If you test ppi and find it satisfactory, send-pr the man page,
cc'ing me, and I make sure it is imported.  Also, send-pr if ppi does
not work right.

Dave