Subject: proc_stop/proc_unstop
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/20/2003 10:48:27
Some thoughts about proc_stop and proc_unstop:

- In src/sys/kern/kern_sig.c the proc_stop comments says the process
must not be on the run queue. Isn't that obsolete? There is a case for
threads in LSRUN state in that function.

- Why is proc_unstop in <sys/signalvar.h> whereas proc_stop is in
<sys/proc.h>? Shouldn't they both be in the same header file (which
one?)

- I need to stop and unstop individual LWP. Should I copy the code from
proc_stop and proc_unstop, or should I create inline lwp_stop and
lwp_unstop and call that in proc_stop and proc_unstop? As theses
operations are growing in complexity, and because they still cary a few
XXX, it seems a good idea to me to reuse the same code instead of
duplicating it.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
Il y a 10 sortes de personnes dans le monde: ceux qui comprennent