Subject: Re: lwp_emuldata
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/11/2003 09:49:35
--fOHHtNG4YXGJ0yqR

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 10:13:42AM +0100, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> Yeah, this is definitely TRT. Actually, I think the 'proc' hooks
> are remains of pre-LWP world and should be replaced with appropriate 'lwp'
> hooks. Also p->p_emuldata should be completely replaced by l->l_emuldata.
> What do you think? AFAIK only Mach and Linux compat uses emuldata
> so far, so it should be easy to change.

I don't think p->p_emuldata should be replaced by l->l_emuldata. I think=20
we should _have_ l_emuldata too, but some things scale with lpw, and some=
=20
things scale with the proc. So let's make life easy for emulations and=20
give them a place for each kind of data.

Take care,

Bill

--fOHHtNG4YXGJ0yqR

--fOHHtNG4YXGJ0yqR--