Subject: Re: Mismatched enums in include files
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/27/2003 10:01:27
>Hmm.  Some changes were already made by atatat but I think I will go ahead
>with my changes anyway.  He changed Pxxx to Kxxx in kernfs (inconsistently -
>Pkern was changed to Kern instead of Kkern) and I think that more description
>(KFSxxx and PFSxxx) makes more sense.

you know...when i looked at Kkern, it just didn't look right, that's
why it's different.  :)

>Also, I want to change the procfs as well.  That guarantees that nothing was
>missed because the old name will fail at compile.  That's just in case there
>is a conditional compile somewhere that doesn't get defined in my
>environment.

oh...sigh.

>I will also add the #ifdef _KERNEL encapsulation to the procfs header.
>Interestingly it was already in the kernfs header.  I wonder why I saw the
>conflict in the first place that started this whole thing.  Is it possible
>that lsof defines _KERNEL so that it can find those structures?  Anyway, I
>think that this makes for cleaner code so I will make these changes.

yes, lsof does define _KERNEL to get to that stuff, and a lot of other
stuff, too.  drat.  that means i have to go fix lsof again.  well, at
least this is all happening close together temporally...

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
werdna@squooshy.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."