Subject: Re: Porting a modem driver from Linux to NetBSD
To: Bruce J.A. Nourish <bjan+tech-kern@bjan.net>
From: Kamal R Prasad <kamalrpr@in.ibm.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/17/2003 19:37:36
On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 06:57:37PM +0530, Kamal R Prasad wrote:

>I was kind of hoping that you'd be more specific as to the nature of
>the code. Earlier, you mentioned something about kernel modules. It
[snip]

>To get a good answer, you'll need to say how your program relates to
>other code: is it a kernel module, a userland program, or what?

kernel code that uses kernel data structures, scheduling algorithm etc..
to provide enhanced facilities. ie provide some services to the userland
which were not available before.

>Finally, I should say that this thread has gone beyond the scope of
[snip]

ok. I think I understand that using GPL'ed code in one's product mandates
disclosing the src for the product. we can quit discussing this any
further -if it has indeed gone beyond the scope of this mailing list.

regards
-kamal

--
Bruce J.A. Nourish <bjan+public@bjan.net> http://bjan.net