Subject: Re: pullup request for isp_pci.c
To: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/15/2003 03:24:40
On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 07:58:50PM -0400, Sean Davis wrote:

> Well heaven forbid I waste your precious time on such a trivial matter as
> asking that the kernel print *CORRECT* information! I'm sure you could have
> started the "Pullup process" in the time it took to write me this mail, and
> if not, then I no longer wonder why it takes months for any code fixes and
> such to make it to the 1.6 branch, unless they're security related. Hmm,
> those pullups usually seem to happen pretty damn quickly. I guess the
> security pullup process is less "expensive"?

Good job, Sean -- with any luck, if you keep abusing the people who do
the work, there won't be any of them left.  You might just manage to
bludgeon  Matt into not maintaining the isp driver any more; who will make
these trivial printf changes then?

Of course security-related changes are pulled up faster.  It would be
irresponsible for us to do anything else.  And, frankly, of course the
change you so dearly want pulled up was treated with a rather low priority;
of the panoply of bugs to be fixed and that have been fixed, a driver that
works fine but misidentifies one kind of hardware it supports is a very,
very, very minor item.

Thor