Subject: Re: pullup request for isp_pci.c
To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/15/2003 07:31:54
On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 02:12:35PM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:

  | This is a stupid and trivial printout change and in no way affects the
  | actual behaviour. The pullup process is so expensive in NetBSD that I
  | was waiting until changes that are more substantial came along to do
  | that.

The pullup process is a matter of a developer forwarding a copy of the
commit message to the appropriate release engineering ticket tracking
pullup address, and wait for releng to apply it.

It's not *that* "expensive".  And it has certainly resulted in a
release branch that is more stable than for previous releases
when we let developers commit at their whim to the it...