Subject: Re: about autoconf
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: anand lalgondar <anandlalgondar@hotmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/09/2003 09:01:35
>config_search only searches a matching entry in the autoconf tables for a
>given device and related attachment information.
Can anyone tell which are the autoconf tables created and how they are
classified.

>config_found_sm also invokes config_attach, which leads to the call of the
>attach function of the device driver, where config_search only uses match.
I assume that attach functions are called only when there is a succesful
match for a particular device even in the case of config_found_sm.

>isa only calls config_search because it has a very special way of
>initializing the attachment information for the device.
When is the attach function called in the case of config_search and who is
going to make the call.

Can anyone please clarify these.

-Anand

Access Hotmail from your mobile now.