Subject: Re: Supporting sector size != DEV_BSIZE
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Darrin B. Jewell <jewell@mit.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/25/2002 02:43:11
Don't bother wasting time deciphering their disklabel, its
only marginally interesting and is documented in their header
files.  Either look for the ffs magic number (0x00011954) in
the superblock or just trust me that NeXT puts a 160k byte
front porch on their disks and use

   dd bs=1k skip=160

To grab the ufs filesystem image off of the CD.

Darrin