Subject: Re: Another question about LFS data
To: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
From: Konrad Schroder <perseant@hhhh.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/20/2002 17:17:05
On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Trevin Beattie wrote:

> Okay, if fi_blocks have no units, then shouldn't the description read
> "array of numbers"?
>
> And in that case, there wouldn't be any problem if I just scaled all
> assignments to fi_blocks by some arbitrary number, would there?

Um, no, because the second block is not the sixteenth block.

Thinking about this for more than 1 second, I realize that probably the
correct thing to say is "LBNs are in units of the filesystem block size
(lfs_bsize, for LFS)"; but keep in mind that they are not disk addresses.

						Konrad Schroder
						perseant@hhhh.org