Subject: Re: patch for wscons scrolling
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/13/2002 17:00:56
>> (I've never seen a non-peecee keyboard with PgUp/PgDown keys.)
> From what I have in my computer shack here: [...]

This provoked me to check my own keyboard collection, to see if my
memory was playing tricks on me.

- Peecee keyboard: that's where we started off.

- Sun type-3: no such keys.

- Sun type-4 and type-5: sort of.  No dedicated keys, but keypad digit
  keys 9 and 3 have PgUp and PgDn printed on them.

- DEC LK201 and LK401: no such keys.

- HP 46012A (a HIL keyboard - suitable for, eg, hp300): no such keys.

- NeXT (the non-ADB sort, old style (RETURN is rectangular, not
  backwards-L-shaped)): no such keys.

- IBM 3151, TVI 925, TVI 955 (ASCII terminals): no such keys.

- Apple keyboards: I find three different ones; one has them and the
  other two do not.  Two of them are ADB keybaords.

- NCD 19r (N-101M keyboard): has them.

- Korg 3500: no such keys. :-)

Some of the above (eg, the LK201/LK401) have keys in the places a
peecee user would expect to find PgUp/PgDn, but that's not what they're
labeled as.

So, my claim was incorrect.  Apologies for the misinformation.

However, keyboards without them are certainly not uncommon, even among
machines that may be running wscons, in the future if not now (hp300,
sun3/sparc, VAX, NeXT, mac68k and maybe macppc).

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign