Subject: Re: config(8) enhancements
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/05/2002 09:17:12
On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 10:58:26AM -0400, Lord Isildur wrote:
  | how is putting a "no " in front of the line substantially different from
  | putting a "#" in front of it? does this really warrant a change in the
  | grammar?

Consider the following kernel config file:

===
include "sys/arch/i386/conf/GENERIC"

no file-system NTFS
no options INSECURE,LKM
no options USER_LDT

no pseudo-device strip
===

(As to the `#' idea; I currently prefer deleting the lines; makes diffs
much easier to read.)

I thought this intended usage was clear in the initial post.
Obviously I have to make my ideas clearer (or hope people spend
more time thinking about the ideas before firing off email
containing questions already answered by the initial email :-)

Luke.