Subject: Re: HowTo write hw driver
To: None <arnaud.fausse1@libertysurf.fr>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/14/2001 14:28:03
On 14 Oct, Arnaud Fausse wrote:

> I can't find documentation on how to write a net BSD driver for a hw
> device (not a pseudo device). Can somebody tell me where to find
> information on general architecture and the way to design for netBSD ?
I am afraid to say that existing drivers are the only good doc you wil
find. The book "The Design and Implementation of the 4.4BSD Operating
System" and the autoconfig paper from Chris Torek are good, but
outdated. So you may start reading that and go to the NetBSD source as
soon as you understand the basic concept.
--

tschuess,
          Jochen

Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz