Subject: Re: network interface card in slot 3
To: Klaus Heinz <heinz@netbsd.org>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/26/2001 14:29:59
Klaus Heinz <heinz@netbsd.org> writes:

> with the i386->ppc cross compiler and the kernel boots, but displays
> the following:
>
>   ex0 at pci0 dev 13 function 0: 3Com 3c905C-TX 10/100 Ethernet with mngmt
>   (rev. 0x74)
>   pci_intr_map: no mapping for pin A
>   ex0: couldn't map interrupt
>
> The message appears independent from the slot the card is in, only 'dev 13'
> changes to 'dev 14' or 'dev 15'.
>
> Any hints how to attack this problem ?

This usually means that the system firmware didn't configure an
interupt for the device. I'm not sure what the BeBox's firmware tries
to do with PCI devices, but whatever pre-boot firmware configuration
is avaliable on the BeBox would be the place to fiddle with it.

It's possible that the BeBox system design expects the kernel to do
the work for non-builtin devices, but I don't see any code in the
BeBox port to do that.

        - Nathan