Subject: Re: COMPAT_LINUX: matching LinuxPPC binaries
To: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@nimenees.com>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/03/2001 00:17:16
>       Is there _anything_ in the binary that mentions linux explicitly?
> (we'd just be getting lucky if there is.  linux doesn't seem to verify
> that it's running an actual linux binary so there isn't much reason
> for there to be a way to do so)

in the .stabstr section of my hello world programm, I can find some
strings: "config/rs6000/linux", "config/xm-linux", but it seems we can't
rely on them: I can't find them in the awk command, for instance.

I wrote a piece of code to test the existence of the __libc_atexit
section, and it works. I use it to match statically linked binaries. I
wonder if GCC_SIGNATURE is worth been fixed to work on powerpc: it will
match NetBSD binaries, whereas a __libc_atexit signature does not.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
JavaScript est encapsule dans HTML, qui encapsulait