Subject: Re: sysctls for everything!
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/13/2000 09:22:22
Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> ccdconfig is setgid kmem so you can do:
>
> ccdconfig -g
>
> ...to get a dump of the current ccd configuration.

My reasoning here was that the info is of limited use if you are
non-root anyways - thinking how you can't for example get the disklabel
for a device unless you have read access to it.  At first glance, there
doesn't appear to be an ioctl to get the configuration...

On a slightly related note, are we planning on keeping ccd's around now
that we have RAIDframe?  Admittedly a ccd is a lot more light-weight
than RAIDframe if all you want it a stripe/concat.

Simon.