Subject: AppleTalk DDP network data not working under 1.4.2
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Welker <stephen.welker@nemostar.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/27/2000 00:23:03
Upgraded from NetBSD/i386 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 and the classic AppleTalk services
do not work any more (ie do not appear in the Macintosh's chooser).

These services are the DDP services part of AppleTalk. The IP part of
AppleTalk/AppleShare services continue to work fine.

I am using Netatalk 1.4.2b+asun2.1.4-37 (&39_test).

To confirm that the problem was 1.4.2, I downgraded to 1.4.1 and all
services work fine again. Prior to the downgrade, I recompiled the 1.4.2
kernel, thinking that it my be a generic kernel problem, but alas it did not
change.

Has there been a change that requires an extra configuration step to enable
these services again?

I am happy to investigate further the problem and log a "bug" report as
necessary.

--
Stephen Welker